Reading Time: 5 minutes
There’s never a bad time to shop for refurbished tech deals, but it’s hard to beat the prices and selection found only in mid-winter. With no major sale holidays on the horizon and a brand new generation of 2023 electronics soon to hit the shelves, major retailers and online resellers are eager to offload their stock of refurbished TVs, headphones and other tech essentials.
Why Buy Refurbished Tech?
Let’s face it — shopping for new tech is undoubtedly the easier and more consistent option. Sifting through suspicious listings and murky return policies takes a bit of extra research and patience, but that extra time spent won’t matter once you’ve locked down a truly brag-worthy deal.
If you’re still unsure, just remember that:
- Refurbished tech isn’t always “used.” Retailers must adhere to strict guidelines for what counts as a “new” product. If a brand new iPhone arrives in a dented box, it can’t be sold as new — even if it’s in otherwise perfect condition. The same rule applies for gift returns with opened packaging.
- Finding a trustworthy seller has never been easier. The flourishing resale market may have awakened a new generation of scammers, but you have many more tried-and-true vendors to choose from. Manufacturers like Samsung and Apple sell official refurbished products on their websites, while eBay is jam-packed with exclusive refurbished tech deals from authorized sellers like Bose and Newegg.
- Renewed devices receive thorough quality testing. Reputable refurbished tech sellers are transparent about a product’s faults, as well as their renewal process. Think twice before purchasing any product without a quality assurance guarantee in the form of a warranty or a similar contractual obligation.
- Opting for renewed electronics is an environmentally-conscious choice. If saving money isn’t a strong enough incentive, sustainability is another consideration. Giving a new life to a pre-owned computer means there will be one less machine rotting away in a landfill.
The Best Refurbished Device Deals Available Now
Note: Some retailers list a “regular price” that does not match the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP). To help you accurately assess the value of each deal, we include the MSRP alongside the current sale price and retailer-specific pricing.
Save on Headphones, Earbuds and Speakers
Over the holidays, we didn’t see many major discounts on top-selling ANC headphones and earbuds from Bose, Apple or Sony. If you’re determined to score a deal on newer releases like second-generation AirPods Pro or Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones, you’ll have better luck shopping for renewed and refurbished headsets.
You can shop these deals right now:
- Sony WH-1000XM5 Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones — Sale Price: $219.99 | Reg. Price: $279.99
- Sony SRS-XG300 Portable Bluetooth Speaker — Sale Price: $119.99 | Reg. Price: $129.99
- Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Generation) Wireless Earbuds — Sale Price: $209 | Reg. Price: $239
- Bose QuietComfort Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Earbuds — Sale Price: $169 | Reg. Price: $279
- Bose QuietComfort 45 Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones — Sale Price: $269 | Reg. Price: $329
Renewed and Refurbished TV Deals
February is the best time to shop last-chance deals on popular TVs from 2022. Retailers and manufacturers are still phasing out last year’s top-rated TVs, but updated 2023 models won’t hit the shelves for a few more months — at full price, of course.
If you prefer deal value over gloss and glamor, check out these renewed TV deals:
- LG C2 65″ Class 4K OLED evo w/ ThinQ AI Smart TV (2022) — Sale Price: $1,395 | Reg. Price: $2,496.99
- Sony 77″ Class A80J BRAVIA XR OLED 4K Ultra HD Smart Google TV (2021) — Sale Price: $1,799.99 | Reg. Price: $3,999.99
- Samsung 55” Class LS03B The Frame Smart TV (2022) — Sale Price: $972 | Reg. Price: $1,499.99
- Samsung 55″ Class QLED Q60B Smart TV (2022) — Sale Price: $519.99 | Reg. Price: $647.99
- Samsung 55″ Class S95B OLED 4K Smart TV (2022) — Reg. Price: $1,339
Shop Renewed Laptops and Desktop PCs
Shopping for a new PC is no small undertaking. No matter how much you’re willing to spend, you still have to comb through a dizzying array of specs and configurations to find a decent-quality machine that suits your needs. When you’re operating on a tight budget, it’s tempting to choose a cheap computer over the right computer.
We’re all about frugality at Slickdeals, but let’s face it — cheap PCs can be more trouble than they’re worth and you can stretch your budget much further by opting for a refurbished laptop or desktop over a new one.
You can shop these refurbished PC deals right now:
- Lenovo ThinkPad 11e 5th Gen 11.6″ Laptop w/ Intel Celeron N4100 1.1GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD — Sale Price: $169.99 | Reg. Price: $499.99
- Dell OptiPlex 3280 21.5″ AIO Desktop w/ FHD i3-10105T, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD — Sale Price: $476 | Reg. Price: $1,185
- Dell Latitude 7280 12.5″ Laptop w/ Intel Core i7-7600U X2 2.8GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD — Reg. Price: $299.99
- HP EliteDesk 800 G3 Desktop w/ Intel Core i7, 16GB Memory, 256GB SSD — Sale Price: $344.99 | Reg. Price: $389.99
- HP Victus 15L Gaming Desktop w/ i7 12th Gen 12700F (2.10GHz), 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD RTX 2060 — Sale Price: $949.99 | Reg. Price: $1,399.99
More Refurbished Tech Deals
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- iPhone 11 Pro Max (256GB, Unlocked) — Sale Price: $729 | Reg. Price: $1,099
- 24” iMac w/ Apple M1 Chip, 8‑Core CPU, 8‑Core GPU and Gigabit Ethernet — Sale Price: $1,439 | Reg. Price: $1,699
- Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS + Cellular, 45mm) Gold Stainless Steel Case with Dark Cherry Sport Band — Sale Price: $549 | Reg. Price: $649
- 11” 2020 iPad Pro (Wi-Fi, 512GB) — Sale Price: $769 | Reg. Price: $999
- 14” MacBook Pro w/ Apple M1 Pro Chip, 8‑Core CPU, 14‑Core GPU — Sale Price: $1,539 | Reg. Price: $1,899
Refurbished Samsung Hard Drives and Storage at Best Buy
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB Internal SSD PCIe Gen 3 x4 NVMe — Sale Price: $39.99 | Reg. Price: $84.99
- Samsung 870 EVO 500GB SATA Solid State Drive — Sale Price: $44.99 | Reg. Price: $84.99
- Samsung 870 QVO 2TB Internal SSD SATA — Sale Price: $119.99 | Reg. Price: $224.99
- Samsung 980 1TB Internal Gaming SSD PCIe Gen 3 x4 NVMe — Sale Price: $74.99 | Reg. Price: $139.99
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB Internal SSD PCIe Gen 3 x4 NVMe for Laptops — Sale Price: $72.99 | Reg. Price: $129.99
- Samsung T7 500GB External USB 3.2 Gen 2 Portable SSD with Hardware Encryption – Indigo Blue — Sale Price: $53.99 | Reg. Price: $94.99
- Samsung T7 1TB External USB 3.2 Gen 2 Portable SSD with Hardware Encryption – Titan Gray — Sale Price: $74.99 | Reg. Price: $119.99
- Samsung 980 PRO 1TB Internal SSD PCIe Gen 4 x4 NVMe for Laptops — Sale Price: $99.99 | Reg. Price: $159.99