Reading Time: 4 minutes
If the cost of an Apple Watch or Fitbit has prevented you from adding one to your fitness program, this year’s Black Friday smartwatch deals may be your chance to purchase a top brand smartwatch at a fraction of the usual cost.
This year’s Black Friday event starts on November 25th with some retailers extending sales through Cyber Monday. During this time, you should get exposure to some fantastic smartwatch deals on Black Friday from popular brands like Apple, Samsung, Garwin, Fitbit, or many other brands.
Smartwatch Deals & Sales
Whether you’re looking for a budget smartwatch or a high-end watch with all the fitness bells and whistles, Black Friday is one of the best times to get a great deal. Retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and Target will likely have exciting deals planned for consumers this holiday season.
While Black Friday sales have not been announced yet, here are some current deals for reference:
- Fitbit Sense Advanced Smartwatch — Sale Price: $217 | Reg. Price: $299.95
- If Amazon repeats last year’s Black Friday sales, you could save up to 33%. The Fitbit Sense helps you manage stress and get more restful sleep with all-day body response tracking, ECG heart rhythm assessment, GPS, and Active Zone Minutes.
- Apple Watch SE — Sale Price: $269.97 | Reg. Price: $329.00
- The Apple Watch SE brings all the essentials of a smartwatch on top of fitness tracking capability. It’s easy on the budget but has enough bells and whistles to be a fitness partner on the wrist.
- Apple Watch Series 3 — Sale Price: $179 | Reg. Price: $229
- The Apple Watch Series 3 is a budget-friendly option for those who are a fan of Apple watches but don’t want to break the bank with the latest and greatest tech.
- Garmin Forerunner 245 — Sale Price: $209.89 | Reg. Price: $349.99
- The Garmin Forerunner 935 offers an array of smart training features for an active lifestyle, such as advanced running tracking, music integration, and long battery life.
Our 2022 Black Friday Smartwatch Sale Predictions
Black Friday 2022 may turn out to be one of the best holiday sales events in recent history. And smartwatch bargains should be a big part of it. Fortunately, global economics and supply chain issues haven’t affected the smartwatch industry.
While Apple smartwatches tend to not have great sales, other brands such as Fitbit, Samsung, and Garmin are likely to lead the way with big discounts, sometimes up to 50% off during Black Friday. Unless you’re loyal to a specific brand, it’s always a good idea to keep your options open by exploring different deals from various brands.
Tips on Scoring the Best Smartwatch Deals
Big retailers strive to get you to notice their deals. So, with this fact in mind, here are some valuable tips on getting the best Black Friday smartwatch deal.
- Shop the day before Black Friday: Since the deals go online on Thanksgiving, you’ll get a day’s head start over in-store buyers.
- Bookmark smartwatch product pages ahead of the sale: If you know the sales ahead of time and know which store you want to purchase it from, bookmark it so you’re one click away from adding it to your cart.
- Use curbside pickup to skip shipping costs: Target, Walmart, Kohl’s, and other major retailers offer curbside pickup and in-store pickup. This choice can save you $25 to $75 in shipping.
- Set a deal alert: Slickdeals can notify you when a product goes on sale, so you never miss out on a great deal during Black Friday.
Make Your Black Friday Count
Black Friday Deals are a great way to save on products you’ve been wanting all year round. Considering current marketing conditions and a bright Black Friday forecast, the odds are in your favor of finding a premium brand smartwatch at a cost within your holiday budget.
Frequently Asked Questions:
It helps to focus on purchasing a smartwatch that suits your user type. Take into consideration what you can afford and the features you’ll actually use. Read product reviews to get a better idea of a smartwatch’s comfort, fit, and functionality.
Some of the main things to look for when buying a smartwatch:
Compatibility: Some smartwatches work better with certain phones. Make sure it is compatible with your mobile device before purchasing.
Price: Premier smartwatches cost between $300 and $400, while budget smartwatch prices range between $100 and $250. Choose one that fits your desired price point.
Features: Do you really need all the bells and whistles of fitness capabilities? Focus on the features that you’ll actually use to help narrow down the type of watch you want.
Battery life: Some watches can go up to a week without a charge, while others may need to be recharged daily. Find a watch that fits your lifestyle and desired charging frequency.
Although most smartwatch retailers have sales year-round, the best deals are typically in November during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Some of the best smartwatches for women are the Apple Watch Series 7, Galaxy Watch 3, and Fitbit Sense.
Most smartwatches could appeal to both men and women. However, the smartwatches that are popular among men are the Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, Garmin Venu 2 Plus, and Fitbit Charge 5.