Reading Time: 4 minutes
Black Friday is a beautiful thing, especially for those looking to score big bargains on beauty products. During the first half of 2022, while some product categories saw decreased sales, the discretionary spending for beauty products was up. As retailers stare down the backend of 2022, they look forward to the Black Friday bonanza this November.
Major retailers are expanding beauty brands instead of cutting back, even adding popular beauty stores inside big box brands. Makeup Black Friday deals will be in demand. Despite inflation, consumers are happy to ditch the masks and make up for lost social time during quarantine and entertainment closures.
Best Beauty Deals & Sales Predictions
Retailers are being hush-hush about Black Friday makeup deals during the Pumpkin Spice season, but they all promise some kind of savings opportunities. Even Mac makeup Black Friday deals can be found. Once again, expect to see a lot of 50% off deals throughout the retailers.
When Black Friday may start for beauty retailers:
- Ulta: The deals usually start on the Monday of Thanksgiving week.
- Sephora: The deals should go live at 12:01 am on Black Friday.
- Macy’s: The deals tend to start Black Friday sales the day before Thanksgiving.
- Target: You should expect Black Friday sales to start the Monday of Thanksgiving week and run through Sunday.
- Walmart: The Black Friday sales usually start the Monday of Thanksgiving week and run through Black Friday.
Based on past sales, here are some of our predictions on what Black Friday sales could look like for some retailers:
- Too-Faced Cosmetics: Limited-time only gift sets are generally offered up to 50% off across various retailers.
- Kylie Cosmetics: Deals could range from 30% – 40% off all products. Look for the new Kris collection dropping on September 14.
- Ulta: In addition to the deep discounts of up to 50%, Ulta is known for the “free gift with purchase,” which is usually a robe or blanket.
- Macy’s: The retailer is known for offering generous discounts up to 50% off popular brand cosmetics, fragrance, and skincare products. Watch out for these in upcoming sales.
Our 2022 Beauty Predictions
Beauty retailers are somewhat at a pole position for the 2022 Black Friday season. Consumers, especially higher-income ones, are still buying beauty products. There’s less motivation to do deep discounts from that perspective, but there’s also a lot of competition to keep shoppers coming in.
Consumers have the upper hand as they are less motivated by brand names and more interested in eco-friendly and cruelty-free options.
While inflation-strapped shoppers might expect bargain basement prices, you’re likely going to see the same 50% off trend mixed with deeper discounts for products that might be in overstock.
The real game-changer for Black Friday 2022 is that Ulta is now part of the Target brand after leaving JC Penney. With Target’s loyal fan base, they’ll be more attuned to buying more gifts. Kohl’s has been struggling in 2022, so adding Sephora in many stores will give more foot traffic.
Tips on Scoring the Best Deal
Holiday gift sets are among the best deals you’ll find throughout the year at beauty product stores. You can also use some other beautiful tactics to get the best beauty deals for Black Friday 2022.
- Loyalty Clubs: Join loyalty clubs and use your account for the purchases made throughout the year. Higher-tiered members can get deeper discounts or free gifts for Black Friday.
- Sign Up for Email: Retailers will send sale details to their fanbase first, so don’t wait for the Black Friday ad. Use a separate email account just for retail marketing materials.
- Set Price Alerts: Deal sites like Slickdeals offer a way to track the product you want and get alerts when a “new low price” is detected.
- Free Gift with Purchase: Even without rock bottom prices, the “Free Gift With Purchase” can save you money on a gift you’d buy for someone else or add a valuable tool to your beauty arsenal.
You also have to be realistic with beauty wishes this holiday season. While Dyson, the upscale brand of popular beauty products, does have Black Friday deals, you’re not going to get 50% off coupons.
Plan Your Shopping Ahead of Black Friday
Black Friday makeup deals will be plentiful for the 2022 holiday shopping season. With most of the big box retailers now actively competing in the beauty business and 58% of consumers not letting inflation impact beauty spending, the deals are expected to quickly.
Sign up for alerts at your favorite retailer to get a headstart on all the great deals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely. Ulta also historically does a Beauty Blitz as a countdown to Christmas with new deals each week.
The company is usually stingy with sales throughout the year but ramps up for Black Friday and holiday shopping. Note that Sephora is inside Kohl’s, but you can’t earn Kohl’s points, use Kohl’s discounts, or spend Kohl’s cash at Sephora inside Kohl’s.
Charlotte Tilbury teases Black Friday deals but won’t tell their beauty secrets until closer to the holiday. Sign up for alerts from the company to be the first to know.
Gift sets will get deeper discounts during the post-Christmas sales so retailers can make room for new products.